30mm Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) sheets come with varying dimensions and physical properties, offering manufacturers an opportunity to design different end products depending on their specific needs.
MDF 30mm is a composite sheet material product usually engineered from cellulosic fibres combined with synthetic resin and strongly bonded under high temperature and pressure.
Besides, to impart more features to the MDF sheets, more additives may be added during manufacturing. The end product is typically smooth, flat, dense, uniform, and free of knots sheets with beautiful grain patterns. The 30mm MDF board’s consistent profile allows for convoluted and accurate machining and finishing methods for polished MDF 30mm panel.
30mm MDF 3050mm x 1220mm is mostly made for internal use, and any contact with water can cause significant damage to the MDF sheets, i.e., swell or warp. It is, therefore, recommended for non-structural use in dry conditions.
Here are some key applications of 30mm MDF boards:
- Wall panelling;
- Window boards;
- Exhibition displays;
- Public buildings;
Benefits and Key Features of 30mm MDF
The key features of 30mm MDF sheets include:
- The sheets are easy to screw and glue;
- Since MDF boards lack grain and knots, it can be cut in any direction while not compromising its original strength;
- Sands and finishes perfectly;
- It can be screwed, painted, and veneered to fit the specific requirements of the user.
The key advantages of MDF sheets:
- It is easy to work with;
- It is quite versatile and also affordable when compared with its counterparts like plywood;
- Unlike real wood, MDF boards don’t have grains or knots and don’t warp.
- It has a smooth exterior that makes it easy to cut with a saw without splinting or tearing out.
- It is an ideal sheet material for light carpentry projects such as shelving.
Note: Like dust from other sheet materials is harmful to your health, MDF dust can be harmful if inhaled. So it is recommended to wear dust masks and goggles when working with MDF. Besides, you should work in a well-ventilated area.
30mm MDF board 3050mm X 1220mm Specifications
Moisture resistant: No
Surface texture: Smooth