22mm Tongue and Groove Chipboard, commonly known as P5 is a structural grade flooring board highly regarded by builders because of its moisture-resistant properties. 22mm T&G flooring chipboard is typically utilised in flooring applications. The use of this board in the constructions adds strength when the boards are systematically slotted together and then screwed down to the joists of the floor. 22mm P5 chipboard is utilised in almost all general flooring applications, including bathrooms and kitchens. It is ideal for most domestic applications, and thanks to its sanded smooth surface, it can be used in all kinds of floor coverings. Besides, due to its density, it enhances insulation, especially when used with the right thermal slab or acoustic type insulation. P5 sheets are also narrow, and as such, effortless to work with especially in tight spaces like lofts.
Benefits and Key Features of 22mm Tongue And Groove Chipboard
The following features make 22mm T&G flooring sheets quite desirable:
- P5 chipboard is made from recycled woodchips and therefore minimises the need for landfill disposal.
- It is explicitly manufactured in compliance with EN 312-P5 standards.
- High-density structural chipboard.
- Moisture resistant flooring.
- T&G chipboard flooring groove for fast and effortless installation and enhanced strength.
- 22mm thickness allows for use with joists, with 400m spacing.
- Adheres to all set environmental and production standards for unswerving quality.
- P5 chipboards have CE mark implying compliance with EN13986 construction standards.
- Can be applied on most coverings due to its smooth surface.
- It is easy to decorate or apply veneer.
- A thin profile and hence easy to cut.
- T&G profile edges.
- 60-day weather exposure
When it comes to flooring panels, EGGER Protect has taken its position squarely as the leading structural flooring board. Engineered from EGGER P5 flooring grade chipboard with a long-lasting, weather-resistant, and anti-slip surface layer, EGGER Protect is thermally bonded to both sides of the panel, offering builders a sheet material that provides unwavering protection from moisture protection, both during the construction period as well as for the whole lifespan of the floor. Once fully fitted, EGGER Protect can be left in light rain conditions for up to two months.
Applications of EGGER Protect
- Suitable for use in all kinds of new build, refurbishment, and renovation undertakings;
- Ideal to use with underfloor heating;
- EGGER Protect is the only structural flooring chipboard builders recommend tiling directly onto;
- Ideal for use in moisture-prone areas such as in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Both sides of the panel are fully sealed, and therefore no risk of moisture ingress;
- After fully fitting the board, you can leave it exposed to extreme weather conditions for up to two months;
- The anti-slip property of the panels means site safety;
- EGGER Protect can be fitted during light rain hence minimizing work stoppage on the site;
- The panels can be scraped and washed clean to give a professional appeal before handover;
- Protects against wear and tear due to site traffic.